Friday, April 18, 2008

It's my birthday!

It's my birthday. I'm gonna party... it's my birthday ... let's celebrate now ...

Yaaay it's my 50th birthday. I am sooooo happy! I love my birthday because it is the one day that legally it can be all about me!

I'm so blessed to be having a birthday and the opportunity to celebrate it this year.

Some people may freak out a little about turning 50, entering the fifth decade. Not me! I am loving it!

First of all, I've hear that 50 is the new 30. I think "older" people are actually the "cool" people these days. I mean, look at Dennis Hopper! And I am in good company this year, too! Lots of the coolest people and things are turning 50 this year. I think Barbie is turning 50. Madonna is turning 50! Sharon Stone, Ellen DeGeneres, Matt Lauer, Prince, and Michelle Pfeiffer ... they are all going to be 50 this year. Mad Libs turns 50 and so does AARP ... oh, yeah, I get to join AARP this year. Anything that gives me special treatment and discounts to services ... I'm for that!

Okay, so thank you all for you love and support and helping me to get through the last several trying months! I'll be celebrating this 50th birthday as a milestone as well as many other milestones over the next several months. and I have you all to thank for helping me make it this moment in time! I hope you'll join me and celebrate each glorious day that we're all together here on Earth!

Happy birthday to me! Sing along if you want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Nz9B1XFio

:)

1 comment:

MHMAC said...

Hey Joanne- Happy Birth and every other day to you too! What a year to celebrate. Keep smiling, you are God's precious child and obviously you have a lot to accomplish in the years ahead. So have a glass of bubbly on us! Mary and Ken MacKenzie