Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Admission

I think I've been numb for months. Last week I started to feel weepy for no reason whatsoever. Today a part of me is waking up to the reality.

I have cancer.

Yes, I have said that before. Yes, I have heard it bouncing around inside my head. Yes, I can see visible scars ... a bald head. Missing eyelashes. No breasts.

Yes, today I have really truly admitted to myself ... and now to you ... that I have breast cancer.

They say that admission is the biggest hurdle you have to jump when you are facing something bigger than you. So here's to jumping my first hurdle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne,

Congratulations on your jump to Admission.

I have tears in my eyes because this blog is putting yourself out there for others to see. It's personal. It's your life.

Thank you so very much for sharing yourself and letting us hear your thoughts. And, maybe we will learn something too.

Your friend,
Judy