Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Over the last several days, I've been making a mental list of all that I have to be thankful for ... and I find that the list is never ending. Here in no particular order of importance is what I'll call my short list. Know that if you're reading this, you are on the top of the list!

My friends and family
My cats
My home
Birds, bees, spiders, trees, the mountains, the ocean and its sandy beach, leaves falling in November, crocuses bursting forth in February, robins hopping around the backyard in April, cicadas humming in June, hummingbirds visiting the feeder in July, crickets singing in August ... the all-year round beauty of the natural world
not having hair to wash, style or pay to have cut!
knowing my hair will grow back and that I'll have to wash, style and pay to have it cut again!
books and the ability to read them
music and the ability to hear it
art and the ability to see colors
windy days and wind chimes
football on Thanksgiving Day
great food, good drink
Christmas time and holiday cheer
laughter
tears
sunsets
sunrises
the power of love
the power of the human mind and spirit
the power of healing
the power of God

There's so much I have to be thankful for ... it's impossible to include it all ... Mostly I am thankful to be alive and that I have the chance to consider all I am blessed with daily.

Happy holidays all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to have you as a friend!